Monday 2 May 2016

A Make-a-Month 2016: April


Amazingly I actually made a whole something-from-scratch in April!

I am really happy with the way this scarf has turned out ~ although on reflection, perhaps photographing it on a different coloured background may have been a better idea ;-)  The pattern is the "colourful granny stripes scarf" from Granny Square Crochet by Catherine Hirst.  I made a few alterations to the original pattern, most notably using a self-patterning yarn rather than multiple colours.  The yarn I used is King Cole Drifter in Ohio.  It is a gorgeous yarn, so soft and scrummy, and I absolutely love the colours in the range!

I used two strands of yarn and a larger hook (I think it was 6mm!), which has made the scarf very cosy and snuggly.  I also only worked 11 rows instead of 12 for the main body of the scarf.  Other than that, I simply followed the pattern as written.

The scarf will now be put away, ready to be given as a Christmas 2016 gift ~ I live in hope that all the gifts I am planning to make this year will actually be done in time!

No comments: