Wednesday 4 December 2013

Recent-ish projects

At long last ~ I have finally started to write some "proper" posts!  It's been so long since I've blogged that I'm wondering if I have actually forgotten what to do!  Still, practice makes perfect so hopefully you can look forward to more regular posts from now onwards ;-)


 I haven't been entirely idle over the past few months, though, and have a few things to share with you that I've been making.  I made the "fruit snuggly" in the photo above by trial-and-error ~ and now that I'd like to make some more, I seem to have mislaid the instructions I wrote down.  Oh well, I'm sure they will turn up when I do some more tidying!


I was really pleased with how the doily turned out.  I followed a pattern but made this quite some time back, so can't remember if it was in a magazine or one of my crochet books.  Hopefully I will recall where the pattern was from, as I would like to make some more of these as table mats.

 

 The scarf was knitted using a chunky yarn and the pattern was from one of my books.  I promise to try harder in future to give you all the information on where the patterns are from and what yarn I used!


 This cushion was simply made from granny squares, as you can see.  I used yarn from my stash :-)  



This is the back of the cushion.  I don't know if you can see it very well, but I edged it with a bobble shell edging created by Lucy at Attic24

I sent these bits 'n' bobs to a friend to cheer her up a little, as she has had a very trying time of late. 

No comments: