Friday 6 December 2013

And amongst other things, a handful of dishcloths...

Following on from yesterday's post, here are more of my recent makes:





A handful of dishcloths!  I really love my knitted and crocheted dishcloths, they seem to work so much better than J-cloths and suchlike.  They last really well, too, and can be tossed in the washing machine regularly to keep them nice and clean.


I do like this scarf.  Variegated yarns make it so easy to create something that looks really special but is quick and simple to make.


And finally, a granny cover for Grandma's old stool!  I've had this lovely "shabby chic" stool for a number of years now, and yes, it did indeed belong to my Grandma.  There are filled-in holes on the seat which suggests it was probably once a chair, but I can only ever remember it as being a stool.  I have never painted or renovated it in any way, as I prefer to leave it in the condition that it came to me in.  It probably sounds a little silly, but looking at it in its "Grandma" condition helps me to remember her so much more clearly :-)  

The top is looking a tad worse-for-wear though, and has a few stains on it that aren't particularly attractive, so I decided that a pretty granny circle cover would be just the thing to smarten it up.

No comments: